what we would like to see as a result of our work
A world with trusted integrity systems in which government, politics, business, civil society and the daily lives of people are free of corruption.
what we are going to do to contribute to our vision
To foster a New Zealand culture where transparency, integrity, good governance and ethical standards and practices are the core values of all New Zealanders.
what we Embody as an organisation
Integrity: We behave responsibly, acting honestly and ethically in everything we do
Courage: We act in accordance with our values, even when it is hard to do
Transparency: We are visibly open and honest
Respect: We treat everyone with respect as we would like to be treated, acknowledging and valuing differences
7 Principles of Organisational Integrity
The Northern Stars That Guide Us
- Culture of open discussion and active listening
- Organisational justice
- Open communication and information sharing
- Clear expectations
- Top down commitment to do the right thing
- Lead by example
- Trusted, trustworthy colleagues
Our Guiding Principles
What we are comitted to as a Civil Society Organisation
- TINZ will be democratic, politically non partisan and non sectarian in our work.
- As coalition builders, TINZ will work cooperatively with all individuals and groups, with for profit and not for profit corporations and organisations, and with governments and international bodies committed to the fight against corruption.
- We raise awareness, describe and assess strong integrity systems, develop tools for fighting corruption, and work with other civil society organisations, companies, and government entities to implement them. We do not undertake investigations on single cases of corruption or expose individual cases. But TINZ will condemn bribery and corruption vigorously and courageously wherever it has been reliably identified.
- The positions TINZ take will be based on sound, objective and professional analysis and high standards of research. The objectives, vision and mission of TINZ will be clearly articulated.
- We are committed to building, working with and working through national chapters world-wide. As one global movement, we stand in solidarity with each other and we will not act in ways that may adversely affect other Chapters or the TI movement as a whole.
- We will strive for balanced and diverse representation on our governing bodies.
- TINZ will undertake to be open, honest and accountable in our relationships with everyone we work with and with each other. In all of its activities TINZ will accord due respect to the dignity, values, history, religion, and culture of the people with whom it works consistent with principles of basic human rights.
Finance & Transparency
How we Live and breathe what we do
- TINZ will only accept resources, financial or in-kind, that do not compromise its ability to address issues freely, thoroughly and objectively.
- We will provide accurate and timely reports of our activities to our stakeholders.
- Funds collected by TINZ should be utilised with utmost care and diligence so that no wasteful expenditure is incurred and maximum result is secured at minimum cost.
- Funds and other resources designated for the purposes of projects, aid and development will be used only for those purposes.
- A member shall not solicit or accept gifts, goods or any form of gratification for services provided or to be provided by virtue of his/her position or in association with TINZ (except as provided for by Rule 20 of the Rules of TINZ).
- All directors and contractors must declare any interests for the register of interest at each meeting. Directors must also immediately notify the executive committee of a summons, or other legal document which would involve them in court proceeding, related to corruption charges.
- TINZ personnel will not be involved in, influence or participate in any decision regarding the awarding of contracts or the appointment of personnel where there is an existing personal relationship with the person or organisation.
This policy is subject to and is to be read consistently with the Rules of Transparency International New Zealand Inc.