In making this application, the applicant or person acting on behalf of the applicant acknowledges:
- I understand that new membership applications are referred to the next monthly meeting of the Transparency International (New Zealand), Inc. Board; that the Board considers applications in terms of the Rules; and if approved I will become a Provisional Member.
- I understand that my membership application fee, due with this application, will be fully returned should I not be granted provisional membership.
- I am aware that I will remain a Provisional Member until my application is considered and approved at the next Annual General Meeting.
- I understand TINZ is politically non-partisan and does not undertake investigations of alleged corruption or expose individual cases either alone or in conjunction with other organisations.
- I have read and accept the Guiding Principles of TINZ set out below.
- I agree to work cooperatively with the members of TINZ to advance the Objectives of Transparency International in general and of TINZ in particular.
- I accept that membership of TINZ cannot be construed as an endorsement of any individual member's activities or stated opinions. I understand that membership does not entitle me or my associates to speak on behalf of Transparency International New Zealand.
- I understand I may be declined membership of TINZ or may be asked to resign my membership if, in the opinion of the Board, I have acted or am likely to act in a manner contrary to the values or Objectives or Guiding Principles of TINZ.
Our Guiding Principles
TINZ is a civil society organisation committed to respecting the following principles:
- We will respect and encourage respect for fundamental human rights and freedoms.
- TINZ will be democratic, politically non partisan and non sectarian in our work.
- We raise awareness, describe and assess strong integrity systems, develop tools for fighting corruption, and work with other civil society organizations, companies, and government entities to implement them. We do not undertake investigations on single cases of corruption or expose individual cases.
- We will strive for balanced and diverse representation on our governing bodies.
- We are committed to building, working with and working through national chapters world-wide. As one global movement, we stand in solidarity with each other and we will not act in ways that may adversely affect other Chapters or the TI movement as a whole.
- In all of its activities TINZ will accord due respect to the dignity and values of the people with whom it works, being consistent with principles of basic human rights and natural justice.