New Zealand has an enviable reputation for public sector transparency, democracy and press freedom.
But how is it for people who speak up about wrongdoing? Parliament is currently considering enhancements to legislation to better protect whistleblowers. However,key organisations are concerned these do not go far enough, such as:
- should new whistleblower protections be extended to the private sector?
- should we have an independent oversight body?
Save the date: Join the public Whistleblowing webinar at 1:00 pm on Thursday 25 February 2021
We are finalising a high powered panel, hosted by Andrea Fromm from PSA. The panel includes:
- Debbie Gee, TINZ Director
- Erin Polaczuk, PSA National Secretary
- Andrew Ecclestone, New Zealand Council of Civil Liberties
- Michael Macaulay, VuW Professor of Public Administration, Victoria University of Wellington
- Phil Guerin, President, Institute of Management Consultants
Follow this Registration Link to be included in this informative and topical discussion.